- Participant receives several text messages spread out throughout the day.
- Each text message is a carefully developed set of questions that are designed to retrain the brain to be able to automatically fight addict thinking patterns. To be effective, the participant must take the time to briefly answer each question.
- The participant responds to each text question. Replies go directly to a Master Degree level Mental Health Clinician – Maurice W. Harker, LPC, Director of the www.SonsofHelaman.org program, or one of the Certified Coaches that he has personally trained.
- Coach watches over the replies sent by the participant and gives one or two brief responses per day designed to bump and nudge the participant toward the healthy thinking patterns needed to conquer the addiction.
This goes on daily until the participant has reached his or her goals for number of days going without the unwanted behavior(s).
- Consistency, repetition, accountability – all on a daily, unignorable basis.
- Fingertip access to one of the most effective addiction therapy teams available.
- Financially reasonable – Text Coaching is very inexpensive compared to other treatment forms available. At only $20 per week, that’s less than $3 per day!
- Confidentiality – many individuals who are first trying to fight addictive behavior are very shy about other people learning about what they are dealing with. Text Coaching allows participants to avoid having to show up in an office or participating in a group therapy. Our office will need billing information.
- Geography irrelevant – It doesn’t matter where you live.
- Effective for all unwanted, re-occurring behaviors – Addictions to alcohol, drugs, sexual activities, chocolate, food issues, etc.
- You are allowed to try Text Coaching for a week for free in order to feel how powerful it is!
Note: You will want to make sure your phone plan includes enough text allowances in order to receive this much texting. Many people already have unlimited text messaging capabilities, this is recommended.